Friday, December 30, 2005

Repentance


After the clash and violence
I seek the centre of silence.
Lord of glory, Lord of grace,
All I ask is a second chance.
Stripped of all my false pretence,
Here at the centre of silence.
On my knees my life in your hands,
Looking for a second chance.
Fighting myself in this painful dance,
Facing myself in total silence,
Exposing myself to your piercing glance,
Working for a second chance.

The Lord


Sure you’re sorry, but words aren’t enough.
You have to DO the language of love.
You’re the one who committed the crime,
And the consequence is hard and rough.
Now you’re on the path to repentance,
And no-one else can take your place.
Nor can they ever serve your time,
Only you can earn your second chance.
Don’t murmur at your circumstance,
As you struggle for your second chance.
There in your centre of silence,
Find me, I am your second chance.

[by Anahera Herbert-Graves (May 2005)]

“For I the Lord covenanteth with none,
Save the repentant who believe in my Son.” [2 Nephi 30:2]

1 comment:

Karen1776 said...

Started reading and couldn't stop. Spent over an hour reading, are you published? I'll be back for more. I just started a blog and I'm still learning the ins and outs at this point. Drop by but don't expect such elegance.
Thank you, Karen