Saturday, November 03, 2007

Cheers

Alcoholism beats me down and makes this a strange, tense time.
My God lifts me up and shows me this new and exciting time.

Alcoholism silences my laughter.
My God shouts "Cheers!" at me and laughs out loud.

Alcoholism puts a brake on me and makes me sick.
My God opens the throttle and sends shepherds to rescue me.

Alcoholism poisons my marriage.
My God heals my marriage with unconditional love.

Alcoholism hardens my heart and deadens my feelings.
My God softens me with true repentance and forgiveness.

Alcoholism perverts my sexuality.
My God gives me straight and great sex.

Alcoholism brings hate, fear and anger to me.
My God gifts me with serenity, courage and wisdom.

Yay for God!

****************************************************

[D & C 68:6] Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

No comments: